Shel Silverstein

If you are a dreamer, come in

If you are a dreamer, a wisher, a liar,

a hope-er a pray-er, a magic bean buyer...

If you are a pretender, come sit by my fire

For we have some flax-golden tales to spin.

Come in! Come in!

Nov 13, 2009

Writers block, Inspiration and writing...again!

She sat at her writing desk, staring blankly at her typewriter watching the hours tick by. She didn't realize she hadn't been living until she started to. Inspiration tore through the gloomy sky like a bright shaft of light and it burned its words into the girls brain until it was all she could see, all she could type. At that point her dream woke up into reality, at that moment she woke from her boredom with a purpose...with a story.

Forgive the drama its just one of those lovely things about me you're going to have to get used to...since it is my blog.


So lately (for the last three months) I've been going through something of a writers block when it comes to writing Millvalley. I've been writing other stories (Sssshhh, its a secret)as equally intriguing as Millvalley but its just not the same :(
So I started this blog to document my journeys of writing, mostly Millvalley I hoped that by writing about Millvalley enough I'd be inspired to actually write the story.
...And it worked!!!


Yesterday I went crazy writing. It took me four hours to write five pages, I don't really care about the time I'm just so bloody happy that I broke through that annoying wall and found my self in Millvalley once more.
I look froward to writing more about Patricia, Ben, Conner and all my magician and non-magical characters. I didn't realize how much I missed my story until I finally started writing it again; now that I'm writing Millvalley more it's only right that I should update this blog more.

Millvalley is now open to the public
Xoxo

2 comments:

  1. About time you get back to Ben, sis! I've missed my little Irish hunk!
    Love the post by the way, but you already knew that!!!
    Olivia

    ReplyDelete
  2. your blog is so beautiful ... can't wait to read the book!

    ReplyDelete