Shel Silverstein

If you are a dreamer, come in

If you are a dreamer, a wisher, a liar,

a hope-er a pray-er, a magic bean buyer...

If you are a pretender, come sit by my fire

For we have some flax-golden tales to spin.

Come in! Come in!

Nov 25, 2009

Delaying is such sweet sorrow

"What is this?" The little girl asked.
"It is The Book of Knowledge." the hunched old man said in a voice as wispy as his beard.
"What is that supposed to mean?" the girl asked.
"It contains all the worlds secrets." the old man said taping the large book proudly.
"Everything the government is hiding from us?" the girl asked excitedly. the old man shook his withered head.

"Everything the world has seen is in this book, here. everything from the dawn of time." the old man said proudly. "and I'm the only one who has read it." He gave a triumphant snort of a laugh which turned into a fit of coughing.
"Wise man?" the girl asked patting the old man on his back. "if you read this book," she glanced at the book which was larger than then the table on which it sat. "you know all the worlds secrets?"
the old man nodded proudly. "And some of them are to scary to repeat."
"Cool" the girl said flipping through the large pages. "so what did you do with them?"
Silence.
"what else did you do with your life?" She asked.
"well I just finished reading the book." the old man complained.
Silence.
The little girl never attempted to read The Book of Knowledge.

Yes, I was referring to homework.


Homework which I have to do (unfortunately) so Millvalley and all the other wonderful stories, that I have not mentioned, but I am writing will have to stop *oh sigh*. Or at least they will be delayed.

Xoxo

1 comment:

  1. Nice little story.

    I feel this way, too, about homework. I hate putting my characters and their personal lives on the back burner because of homework.

    ReplyDelete